daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Mattie and Ella

The grandniece twins turned two on Sunday, August 23rd, and the birthday celebration was a Noah's Ark themed party, at a town park, conveniently adjacent to their home.  Two years old and two by two, just like Noah's Ark (they have a very creative mom that is a pastor).  Each twin had their very own cake shaped like a cloud and a rainbow of cupcakes connected the cakes, carrying out the Biblical theme.  In this picture Mattie, the youngest, is in front with Ella behind her and they are dressed in birthday girl t-shirts with birthday bows for their hair.  They have Easter Egg cupcakes in their hands which is something they made during the party when their Uncle Joe (my creative hubby aka Unka Doe) found a left over plastic Easter Egg on the playground and showed them how to pack wet sand in the Easter egg making a cupcake.  It's hard for me to believe they are two years old but I have thoroughly enjoyed every precious minute with these two during the past two years; in the beginning when they grasped my little finger in the incubator, during the days of balancing two in my lap with a bottle in each hand, during the days when they ran down the hall at preschool with out stretched arms shouting, "NANA, NANA",  during the hide and seek games when they would giggle as I found them, during the "snuggle" times holding their "loveys"-reading... book, after book, after book, and then on to the day when they gave me a great big hug and whispered, "I love you"!  Well, readers...it just doesn't get better than this!  I feel like I've experienced a little bit of heaven here on earth as I've had the privilege of being a special part of the first two years of their lives.  Unconditional love-without a doubt and that is a BLESSING indeed!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We love you Na Na! Love, Ella and Mattie

5:38 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks Sally and you know how much I love all three of you!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I hope Sally doesn't mind if we pilfer some of her ideas coming up this January! I love it.

Every milestone is such a blessing indeed!

11:55 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Dawn, I'm sure Sally will feel like it is a compliment for you to use the Noah's Ark theme. I can't wait to hear all about it and of course see lots of pictures.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

That is such an adorable picture!

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home