daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Kissing Cousins

I am blessed with a LARGE extended family and many of us live close enough to get together several times each year.  My mom had 10 siblings, so I have 23 first cousins just from that side of the family.  Then of course, the cousins married... had kids, the kids had kids, and the kids,kids had kids...you get the idea!  In this group of cousins we have three sets of twins.  On Sunday, we had the opportunity to have dinner with about 5o of the cousins and two sets of twins were able to make it.  My grandnieces will be 2 on August 23rd and the other twins shown in the picture (the boy and girl behind Ella and Mattie), turned 7 on Monday.  Their grandmother, my aunt Elizabeth, is also in the picture along with my niece and nephew, parents of the grandniece twins.  The warmth and love in that room was just overwhelming and knowing that I could count on each of them as lifelong friends is a blessing indeed!  And the memories we share...PRICELESS!  The memories we continue to make, one dinner at a time...REMARKABLE!

7 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

A warm loving family is a blessing whose worth we just can't even begin to measure. How wonderful, Nancy, that you can all get together so often. You are blessed indeed!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

The twins are going to be 2 already?! Wow! How time flies!

And I agree, enjoying time with family is definitely a blessing. I hope you have a blessed weekend. :)

5:36 AM  
Blogger grammy said...

What a family gathering. You are blessed. My cousins never get together... I guess we were never close. Feel very blessed (o:

3:26 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

What fun! And there's nothing like huge family gatherings. Total chaos, not really good conversation, but so much fun!

10:30 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Hi, Nancy,
What a great get-together. We had one at our house, too. All five of us (me and my four siblings and their kids) were at our house. The total was only 20 but they were all there for two days and two nights. We had people sleeping everywhere. It was great.
Large families like the one that gave you all the cousins used to be more common. I'm posting about a family of 13 (my wife Julie's great grandma) this week.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

You have had a lot of family times lately and what better thing to do!! Right?? We had a reunion planned on my hubby's side but no one wanted to get together..Oh well..Cannot drag them I guess.
Sandy

11:01 AM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Just found your comment about the new arrival (well, almost... in January, Lord willin').
I can't believe August is halfway over. In Michigan there is a law that school's can't start until after Labor Day, so we have a couple weeks but it feels over and we've only been to the beach three times. This week we're going to work and live like it is still summer.
Have a great week!

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home