daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Monday, July 06, 2009

Celebrations

I haven't blogged in so long that I had to update my profile.  It has been a busy several months but I have been blessed in so many ways.  The picture above is from a fantastic July 4th celebration with friends that live on a beautiful lake nearby.  They also had a cake to celebrate my birthday which was the day before the 4th.  It had those fun trick  candles on it that made it impossible to blow out and they even sang Happy Birthday to this aging 57 year old.    It was a pleasant surprise, a great evening, and a blessing indeed!

Here are a few updates:  a great anniversary- now married 34 years, the twins are so much fun and will celebrate their 2nd birthday on Aug. 23rd,  my kids are busy and happy, I just returned from a fantastic vacation in Chicago with hubby,  we head to Savannah, GA this weekend for a wedding celebration,  I've hired a new director for the preschool I founded 24 years ago and this has been very time consuming but rewarding, and I am continually blessed with the fruits of my labor from my vegetable and flower garden.   Please forgive me for the lack of blogging.  I will try to do better but I must confess... I do enjoy face book and I spend WAY to much time on it.  Find me, if you haven't already, Nancy Goforth Carson.

15 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

Nancy - a belated Happy birthday and Happy anniversary!!
It sounds like a full, happy time. Our son's birthday is on the 4th so we celebrated his birthday this past weekend too.
I can hardly believe the twins are going to be two already. Time really does go far too quickly.
Thank you so much for your sweet comment. Your words always bless me.
I didn't know you had a preschool. I think that's wonderful.
I will look for you on facebook. I just reactivated my account, caving in to pressure :-)
Our next-door neighbors are the Goforths. Do you have family in Texas?

5:48 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I tried to find you on Facebook but no luck Nancy!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Linda, no family that I know of in Texas but if I ever get there I will have to check it out. Maybe you could try face book through email, carson132@bellsouth.net....I don't have my photo or information showing until I confirm as a friend. Let me know if that didn't work.

6:00 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

So please tell me what is so wonderful about Facebook that causes so many people to quit blogging? I am still stubbornly resisting another addiction! Kristen got me into blogging and is always trying to get me into Facebook. Please help me understand!

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nancy we did have a fun celebration even if you did have to work so hard on your real birthday. Glad we are sisters kathy

4:11 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Dawn~thanks for stopping by. It was great to catch up with your blog and I'm sorry to be so far behind. I like FB because I can keep up with local activities, friends, and family. I also have several blogging friends that I keep up. I've also found old college and high school friends which has been a blessing indeed. Try it...you'll like it!

Kathy, I'm so glad you stopped by. I did have a great time at mom's, even though we all worked too hard. It was great to get all of the work done and a blessing to have the day together to share. You are the best big sis ever!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Mrs. Geezerette said...

Belated Happy Birthday. I am like you, I have nearly abandoned my blog. Yet I seem to find time to leave comments at other people's blogs. I think I like the interaction.

I am not into Facebook. I am afraid I might get hooked on it if I did get active and then my blog would surely die a slow death.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Great to hear from you Susie. I'm always delighted when you stop by. You are a great writer but I do understand the time factor...I'm in the same boat!

5:51 PM  
Blogger Family Man said...

I am on facebook as well I will have to look for you!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

HI Ian, please do check me out on FB. It's good to hear from you. I hope you and your family are having a great summer.

9:45 PM  
Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Happy belated birthday to you!! Also I guess happy anniversary too. I see that you were in Savannah. I would have loved to have met you..I would have came to see you...but maybe another time.
Sandy

3:09 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hi Sandy, I'm sorry I didn't work it out for a visit. It was a rushed but enjoyable weekend. With the wedding festivities we didn't have much free time. I came home exhausted. Thanks for stopping by. I do keep up with you on FB but don't make it to your blog as often.

5:36 PM  
Blogger nannykim said...

Good to hear the update ;-) -I am on facebook too ;-)

2:03 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I finally joined FB, but don't know how long I'll be able to keep it up - it takes a lot of time!! But fun.

9:44 PM  
Blogger Family Man said...

Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is well.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home