daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Monday, March 05, 2007

Comments

Please know that I appreciate and read all of your comments and I look forward to hearing from you, visiting your blogs, and keeping up with all of my blogger friends. This blog has added a deminsion to my retired life that I never would have anticipated. It is a hobby, a creative outlet, a time to reflect, a way to communicate, and a way to stay connected. Here is a comment that my friend Tom (@www.patternsofink.blogspot.com) left after my previous lunar eclipse post and I wanted to share with you. "I never thought of this before, but of all the reasons and explanations for why it's important that earth has a moon... one of them must be that it ties us all together as a common focal point. We're all disconnected all over the place and yet we can look up at night and see the same moon. Even when there's no eclipse, that's pretty amazing in and of itself." Thanks Tom for reminding us all that we share a common focal point in many ways and that is a BLESSING indeed!

11 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

Here in Colorado it looked just misty over the moon. But beautiful. When Kev was in Africa, I would always look at the full moon and realize it was also shining down on him so many thousands of miles away, and it gave me comfort.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

We couldn't see the eclipse because of cloud cover, but I loved the line you quoted "it ties us all together as a common focal point. We're all disconnected all over the place and yet we can look up at night and see the same moon."
How very true...
:)

11:03 PM  
Blogger gail@more than a song said...

A common focal point, I like that!

9:22 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

We were looking for the eclipse but were just a little too late...but we did notice is incredible bright with a glowing ring around it!

Those were some very true words that person stated about the moon tying us all together with a common focal point.

While homeschooling, we are finding out some incredible facts about outer space right now, and it is amazing to see all of the details designed by our Creator!

Blessings! :)

12:45 PM  
Blogger someone else said...

The comment from Tom is really true, isn't it? We also had cloud cover that night and I couldn't get a view of it. I was so disappointed because I had been looking forward to it all week.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

What a neat comment. I didn't get to see the eclipse. I don't think it was very "seeable" here. But I sure do agree that we are all connected. It's a great thing!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

That is most certainly a very good point.

8:04 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Hi, Nancy,
I'll have you know it is snowing right now up here--supposed to get 4 to 6 inches AGAIN...
BUT we did see the most beautiful orange moon on the night you told us to look. Julie was amazed.
Here on the west shore of Lake Michigan, which is truly like an ocean from a human vantage point, we have sunsets that are breath-taking. The moon that night was deeper than a "harvest moon" and almost as intense as a the sphere of a sunset. That night the sky was clear--now it's snowing again. Ah, Michigan!

10:16 PM  
Blogger The Tiquehunters Wife said...

It"s always there and in our busy lives we often miss the beauty of it and take it for granted. Yet I'm so thankful that God has put the moon there and I love how it hangs in the sky each night, causing me to think and contemplate the wonder of it all!
Thanks, Nancy, for helping us to think a bit deeper! Love Ya-Claudia O.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How true it is. I have to remember that when I look next time at the moon - my mom in Germany sees the same moon, just with a time difference. Thank you for sharing...

Blessings to you and yours.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Your friend Tom is very wise, Nancy. I can't tell you how many times I've missed someone and gone to sit on my back patio to look up at the sky. It's comforting, somehow, to know the person you're missing can see the same moon and stars.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home