daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Elmo Part Two

Elmo (see previous post) is a very talented dog and I am BLESSED daily with her companionship. She goes with me on my daily walks, plays catch with any object that I throw, stands up and dances around on two legs, speaks (barks) when asked to, rolls over, sits, and crawls up in my lap like a baby to snuggle with me... Which I love! Crawling up in my lap is not an easy task because she weighs about 60 pounds but the reward of time spent together snuggling, makes it worth the trouble. I have her clipped short like a puddle to help her stay clean because she is an indoor pet. Elmo is also hypoallergenic which is important because I have allergies. Labradoodles are actually bred to be seeing eye dogs for blind people that have allergies and can be very costly if purchased from a breeder. Lucky me and lucky Elmo, she was rescued from an animal shelter! What a blessing indeed!

9 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Elmo has quite a resume of tricks there! Ours does too, they are so smart, and such good companions. Love that your rescued her and she means so much to you! :)

2:57 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Thank you so much for your kind words as you keep up with Kev's and my story. It is amazing how much we're learning about each other and how cathartic this has become for us. I am so proud of him.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I bet 60# is a real lapful, but the cuddles are well worth it! I had no idea that labradoodles were bred to be seeing eye dogs for blind people with allergies. They must be very intuitive animals.
I can see why he is your blessing!!
hugs!!

7:53 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

She sounds like a wonderful dog. :)

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She sounds very smart! And I guess they must be if they are bred to be seeing eye dogs. What a good pet/friend!

2:35 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Elmo sounds like a great friend. We don't have a dog right now, but I do love them. There is something about that unconditional love that just melts my heart.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

You must be really busy right now! I hope you're having some fun.

10:56 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Oh my word, Nancy. You ARE blessed to have rescued Elmo from a shelter. My niece Leslie and her husband Jeremy bought their labradoodle from a breeder - $1000!!!

I so completely understand how attached you two are. I have no idea what I'd do without Chelsea. She's honestly like my third child.

Too funny! You mentioned keeping her short and clean and the first four word verification letters on this comment are "wash." LOL

8:21 PM  
Blogger someone else said...

Stopping by to say Happy Valentine's Day!

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home