daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Listening

"Sometimes the worst thing we can do for another is to open our mouth"
Listening is a learned skill and a skill that takes some of us longer to learn than others. I think for me it took longer because my head was too busy coming up with what I would say next- instead of "really" listening to what the other person was saying. God gave us two ears and one mouth which could mean that we need to listen twice as much as we talk. Many of my richest BLESSINGS in life have come from just listening. Try it- you may just learn something!

9 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

What great thoughts! I love the way you find a blessing in everything. I am envious of your 70 degree day! It did get to 50, so we're getting there. But it's supposed to snow again tomorrow.

We will be flying straight to Athens after all, so won't have that stop in NC that I was looking forward to. But it'll be better in the long run.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

There is a great deal of wisdom in that. I've been trying in recent years to be a better listener. You're right - we are often too busy thinking about how we will dazzle everyone with our response to listen to what the other person is saying.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

My hubby is a wonderful listener and always steers the conversation back towards the other person. He also has the uncanny ability to remember people's names.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Blessed said...

Oh how I have gotten myself in trouble for opening my big mouth.
I am getting better about being so vocal.
Listening---this is what I try to do. I try to tune out the world and try to listen to what God is saying to me.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Very good and very wise!! Learn to listen instead of thinking ahead of what you are going to say!! I need to remember this wise advice!! Thanks for reminding me.
Sandy

11:08 AM  
Blogger Cris said...

Just listening really is a hard thing to do. I'm still trying to learn when is the right time to say something and when the right time is to just listen.

2:43 PM  
Blogger gail@more than a song said...

Great reminder for me.

9:58 AM  
Blogger someone else said...

Good advice!!

11:22 AM  
Blogger The Tiquehunters Wife said...

This is something I constantly have to keep myself in check about! Thanks so much for the very wise reminder!

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home