daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

My Valentine

My husband has been my valentine for 34 years (31 years of marriage, and 3 years of dating). He is one of the biggest BLESSINGS of my entire life. Not all of these years have been heavenly bliss but each hurdle has helped our love to grow and has taught us valuable life lessons. The biggest accomplishment of our love story has been raising two children and the satisfaction of seeing them as responsible, independent, adults. Our love continues to strengthen and grow as we enjoy our empty nest years together with anticipation of many more happy loving years to come. Our valentine evening will be spent together enjoying a church valentine banquet and then participating in a "Newlywed Game". I have no idea what that will be like but it should be interesting! My husband, still my valentine after 34 years- now that is a BLESSING indeed!

11 Comments:

Blogger ChristyR said...

Definitely and congratulations to you both! What an inspiration your marriage must be for your children! Happy Valentine's Day and good luck with the game, it sounds like lots of fun!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

That is so wonderful and so encouraging. I love it when I read about couples who have been married for so long and are still in love!

Have a great evening!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

We'll celebrate our 35th this year and it would be such fun to see what our answers would be like in such a game. Nice tribute to your valentine!

3:00 PM  
Blogger gail@more than a song said...

Aww, that's so sweet! Husbands are great blessings.
Have a good time tonight!
We'll be at church too; went out with our couples sunday school class last night.
Happy valentines day!

3:01 PM  
Blogger someone else said...

Lovely tribute, Nancy, and a blessing indeed.

I hope you have a really fun evening!

3:52 PM  
Blogger The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Happy Valentines Day to you Nancy! Its always a blessing to visit here! Have a wonderful time tonight! With Love-Claudia O.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I could have written this myself, Nancy. You've expressed what we have after this many years of marriage, just beautifully. I actually save my allowance to surprise Rob with dinner out tonight and he said, "No way. I'll bring home KFC - we can't miss American Idol." Now THAT'S true love.

And I love it that you are happy in your nest, too. Our nests aren't really "empty" so much as they're just no longer constantly "occupied." :-)

Happy Valentine's Day to both of you.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

I also could have written this one!
You're so right in saying that a long
term marriage is a blessing!
Have fun playing "newlywed game"
xo

7:54 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Oh, what fun! You will have to share all the details regarding the Newlywed game! That sounds like a wonderful and sweet evening!

Happy 34 years together for Valentine's Day! That is such a blessing! Woohoo! :)

10:56 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Your post helped me think of our math in a different way. We've been married nearly 27 years, but this is our 30th Valentines Day.
Thanks for reminding me to include the wonderful "dating" years.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Tracey said...

Soooo...how'd the game go?

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home