daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Friday, February 16, 2007

The Newlywed Game

We lost! But there is a BLESSING in all of this, we had a blast. I mean, roll in the floor laughing until your stomach hurts, kind of fun! The questions were so hard and you really had to think because after 31 years of marriage there was just so much "stuff" to choose from. We didn't finish last (another BLESSING)- the pastor and his wife (married for 29 years) didn't get a single question right, how funny is that! Here are the 3 questions we got correct: Does your husband stand up and move into the aisle to let you sit down on the pew bench at church or does he slide over to let you sit down? My hubby stands up! Where did you go for your first date? To his fraternity house for a party! What kind of "Mr. Fix It" is your husband, Bob the Builder (starts the job and never finishes it), Tim the Tool Man (attempts everything but makes a mess out of it all), or Al (does it right the first time and in a timely manner)? The congregation loved this answer because my husband is an excellent contractor with an outstanding reputation but... he is a Bob the Builder at home (you know the cobblers kids go with shoes)! What a wonderful evening we had and win or lose, a fun time was had by all. Now that is a BLESSING indeed!

10 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

What a fun game! I'm sure it was hard to remember back that many years for some of the answers.
The real blessing is indeed a long lasting and happy marriage!
:)

12:59 PM  
Blogger gail@more than a song said...

Sounds like so much fun!But those questions can be hard sometimes no matter how long you've been married. Good friends, fun times are blessings.
Glad you weren't last!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Nancy, this was such great fun to read and I can just imagine what a blast you had, indeed! Love the questions you got right, and I know what you mean, by it being almost more difficult the longer you have been married to get the questions right, because there are more choices! lol

2:25 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I could use that gut-laughing kind of an evening. We're going tomorrow night to a belated Valentine banquet at church. I think it would be fun to play the game and see how we'd do.

Have a wonderful week-end!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I have played that before a long time ago. I think I could pretty much WIN now but who knows. I am so glad you had a fun time. Sandy

7:18 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

It's so funny. After 40 years of marriage you would think you knew everything about one another, but I know I wouldn't win either. There are always those little surprises! It sounds like lots of fun though.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

I wonder how Rob and I would do, after 28 years of marriage. I'll bet we'd be rolling around on the floor laughing, too. How fun! Cracks me up about your pastor and his wife.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love things like that I wish my husband and I could have been there, too! :)
Glad you all had such a great time!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. :)

3:57 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

We're on mid-winter break so I've had some extra time for writing and reading. Last night my thoughts were also on the common passing moments of marriage. They end with, "There is a quiet contentment in shared life that supports and transcends all else in between."
Sometimes it's laughable. Sounds like you and yours had a lot of fun.

5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home