daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Elmo

This is my best friend Elmo that hates to have her picture made. I think she may be afraid of the flash and it is hilarious to watch her try to do all in her power to avoid the camera. Elmo has BLESSED my life for 6 years now. I rescued her from the animal shelter where they called her a "labradoodle", having a standard poodle mom and a black lab dad. I have lately been convinced that Elmo may have had a retriever for a dad because a friend of mine just got a goldendoodle and Elmo acts and looks just like her except Elmo is black. Elmo loves to retrieve things and each time we return home Elmo will greet us with something that she has retrieved. It can be as simple as a rock or leaf, and sometimes as elaborate as a raft from the pool. Maybe that makes her a "retrieverdoodle" but whatever the background she brings me immeasurable happiness and joy. Elmo is one of the BIGGEST BLESSINGS of my entire life and I treasure each moment that I get to spend with her.

11 Comments:

Blogger Pamela said...

Elmo is a beautiful dog. It is amazing how quickly they become one of the family and then they just melt into your heart! What a blessing indeed!

My daughter's husband is allergic to dogs and so they have been receiving treatment to clear up the condition. I suggest a breed mixed with the poodle thinking this might be easier on him. :)

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, what a sweet looking dog! Glad she brings you so much joy.

We had a black labrador retriever and he was great, retrieved anything and everything!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

That is hilarious how they put those names together. My SIL is a huge standard poodle fan. I kind of like the variety of the mixture!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Blessed said...

What a wonderful dog.
I am blessed with two pugs and 1 kitty cat.
You just can't beat that unconditional love.

8:47 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Elmo must be such wonderful company for you! They truly become part of our family, don't they?

9:48 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Elmo's adorable. Magestic looking, in fact! My niece Leslie has a goldendoodle. Everyone says these "doodles" make wonderful pets and don't shed.

Chelsea hates the camera, too, and shies away from the flash. I have to be pretty quick to get a decent photo of her.

I know what you mean about our dogs being our best friends. They're so accepting and just love us, flaws and all. We should all try to be the person our dogs think we are!

9:48 AM  
Blogger ChristyR said...

She's a beauty!! What a neat mix too and luckily she's got the lab side of fetching. I love to hear stories of families that rescue dogs from shelters. Very nice =)

11:03 AM  
Blogger Cris said...

I've heard of a labradoodle, but I've never actually seen one before. She is a very beautiful dog. :)

7:07 PM  
Blogger The Tiquehunters Wife said...

I can see that your Elmo is just about the cutest dog ever! I can also see why she stole your heart! We raised and sold chocolate Labs for years, and they absolutely live for retrieving!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Ahhh, Elmo is beautiful! I love that combination...you can really see the poodle, too! :)

We are just getting to the point that our lab\chow puppy is beginning to settle down and be more of a loving pet. She definately loves to retreive and starting playing fetch at a very young age!

I can see why Elmo is so loved- he looks like a really sweet friend! :)

3:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are about to look at a retrieverdoodle to buy as a companion to my labradoodle. What do you think of a labradoodle/

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home