daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Friday, January 05, 2007

When I Am an Old Lady

I love to tease my two grown kids with this poem (author unknown). It has been a BLESSING to me in that it reminds me of hectic times (which I survived) when they were small and at the same time makes me smile, thinking about the "what ifs" of payback time during my senior years. It will come to you in two parts because I don't have time to share it all today. ENJOY! When I am an old lady, I will live with my kids. And make them so happy, just as they did. I want to pay back all the joy they provided. Returning each deed oh, they'll be so excited! When I am an old lady, and live with my kids. I will write on the walls with reds, whites, and blues, and bounce on the furniture wearing my shoes. I will drink from the carton and then leave it out. I will stuff all the toilets, oh, how they'll shout! When I am an old lady, and live with my kids. When they are on the phone and just out of reach. I will get into things like sugar and bleach. Oh, they'll snap their fingers and then shake their heads, and when that is done, I'll hide under my bed.

13 Comments:

Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Yes I like this one Nancy. I have it also and I think it is a very good one!! It is GET EVEN time!! smile!! Thanks for stopping by today.
Sandy

2:03 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Oh yeh, bring it on! hehe! Spread the joy! lol

It does make my lip curve when I watch my first grandbaby taunt my oldest Son, his Dad...just a little, to see how far he can get. The other night was the first time he stuck out his little bottom lip and it quivered ...so sad like. hehe! I couldn't help but smile that knowing smile! :)

3:23 PM  
Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Ha Ha!! I LOVE this one!! Great! I'm going to have to copy and save that one!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hi...I'm visiting from Dawn's.
I love this poem! :D
It was so nice stopping by your place and reading a few of your posts.
I'm a homeschool mom of two little girls 4 and 7, but an older mom, already past...uhem...40.
I'm going to bookmark you, and please feel free to stop by my place anytime! :)
~Tammy
http://familydoins.blogspot.com/

1:42 AM  
Blogger Cris said...

LOL. I liked that!

8:32 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Yep! Me, too. Anxious for the rest.

I'd love to send you a little of the snow, buat mostly I'd like them to clean off the streets! The moisture is something we desperately need around here.

Did I tell you (probably did, because I'm getting old and repeat myself), that we may be flying to Charlotte this spring and drive down to Athens, GA from there. We have some tickets from Jet Blue and they don't fly into GA, but we have to use them before mid June. Are you near there?

9:41 AM  
Blogger aimee said...

How cute! I will have to remember this when my kids are a little older!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I saw this poem somewhere else Nancy and thought it was a hoot!!! I guess it's the old "what goes around comes around".
Have a good weekend.

9:38 PM  
Blogger ChristyR said...

Priceless Nancy! TFS!

10:01 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

My daughter and her fiancee are starting to look for an apartment for after their wedding. Julie joked about getting one with room for us to come stay. (It won't be more than 15 minutes away so they just laughed.) I think you will enjoy the site I mention in a post called "A Better Life."

11:12 PM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

That is a good one!!!!! Happy New year to you - Take care and may you have a good one!!!

2:08 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Great poem Nancy. I've seen it, but had forgotten it. Looking forward to the rest!
hugs!

6:32 PM  
Blogger The Tiquehunters Wife said...

The part about the phone brought back memories! My girls and I were just reminiscing about this during the Holidays and had a good chuckle about how naughty they were when ever I was on the phone! Now my Heather goes through the same thing with her three! Tee Hee!!:)

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home