daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Part II "Old Lady"

This is the rest of the fun poem "When I'm and Old Lady". When I am an old lady and live with my kids. When they cook dinner and call me to meals, I will not eat my green beans or salads congealed. I will gag on my okra, spill milk on the table, And when they get angry, I'll run fast as I'm able! When I am an old lady and live with my kids. I will sit close to the TV, through the channels I'll click. I'll cross both my eyes just to see if they stick, I will take off my socks and then throw one away, And play in the mud till the end of the day. When I am an old lady and live with my kids. And later in bed, I will lay back and sigh, And thank God in prayer and then close my eyes. My kids will look down with a smile slowly creeping, And say with a groan, "She's so sweet when she's sleeping." When I am an old lady and live with my kids. As my kids get older, I treasure the times they did the above things and I am now able to laugh about the events as fond memories. The circle of life is indeed a BLESSING!

12 Comments:

Blogger Tom Bailey said...

At least they have remote controls for the television now.

8:46 PM  
Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Nancy, thanks for stopping by today!! This weather is crazy isnt it? Wow snow!! I had not heard that!! Sandy

9:00 PM  
Blogger The Tiquehunters Wife said...

I feel the same way!

10:10 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

What goes around comes around and it certainly is a blessing. What joyful memories. :)

11:08 PM  
Blogger Cheryl Wray said...

Ha Ha!! I LOVE it!!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Such a fun poem! I'm not sure I'd be so sweet when I slept. I might jump on the bed, or need a drink of water or have to go potty or something!
:)

10:22 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, this one is even better than the first! :D Love it!

And thank you for the Dog Whisperer advice on my post, Nancy. I wish I got that channel with his show...but did look him up on the internet.
I have good friends that are willing to take her (with bigger kids) but am giving myself a good week to decide.

Blessings!

10:59 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Love it! My kids are in their 30's and I'm still finding out things they did when they were young!

7:05 PM  
Blogger Sandy said...

I'm trying to creat the best memories that I can with my kids. Fun poem!

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so funny sister!!!! Love you. CW

5:13 PM  
Blogger Werna Gail said...

Just stopped by to say hi and see what is going on. Cute poem. I have 4 grown children, and both of my girls are always doing something nice for me and when I say anything they just remind me it is their turn....

9:00 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

That is a really cute poem.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home