daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Friends Forever

This is me, chatting with a dear friend, at Katherine's wedding this past summer. I met her 34 years ago. It was my second year of teaching and she was a dedicated student in my class. Many years later, she became my classroom assistant. For more than 20 years, she worked faithfully by my side bringing so much love, laughter and joy into our classroom. We were a team, dedicated to making a difference in the lives of children. Now that I am retired, she remains in the classroom but no longer as an assistant- she is a student teacher and will complete the requirements for her teaching certification this spring. I proudly watched her every step of the way, encouraging her, knowing all along that she would make an excellent teacher. I am blessed to have her for a friend and to witness first hand, her dream come true.

14 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

How wonderful that she's realizing her dream. I'm sure she'll make a wonderful teacher!
xo

11:44 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Susie~ Thanks for stopping by. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers.

I can't wait until she gets her first classroom... I will have to update when that happens.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Leslie: said...

It is so gratifying when one of your former students (or colleagues) finds a calling and is able to work towards fulfilling a dream. I was just at a church ladies' evening last week and one of my former students is now in Bible college and was one of the speakers. I was thrilled to be there for her. Congrats to your friend.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

That is a great story! Good for her! Good for you for giving her such a good start on her dream.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Leslie and Dawn~ Thanks for stopping by and reading about a friend that is and has been a big part of my life.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I'd love to see a picture of my husband's long lost twin in NC!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Dawn~ I will do my best to find a photo. He attended the wedding and we did have a picture, if I can just find it! Too funny!!!!!

6:58 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

What a sweet story! So glad she is finally realizing her dream!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

I think that is wonderful. What a blessing she is going to be to all of those children. :)

2:25 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Tammy~ It has been a lot of hard work for her but definitely worth it.

Chris~ In some small way, I feel like my legacy in the classroom will continue through her and that is a blessing indeed.

7:58 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

what a great story!!

8:46 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Hotwire~ Thanks and have a great weekend!

1:40 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I don't think of my life as exciting, but since you say so, it makes me rethink things! I have had lots of fun things in the last year - and my life is indeed busy!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Dawn~ I am tired just reading all about it... hehe! God has blessed you in so many ways and I am delighted to be able to see part of it through your blog.

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home