daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I Tried Again

This gorgeous couple, happens to be my daughter Katherine and son Ben. They wouldn't be in my life today, had I not- "tried again", after the death of my first son Joe. They didn't replace my first born child, but they helped numb the pain. Two of life's biggest blessings for me, because I "tried again".
A Different Child
A different child,
People notice
There's a special glow around you,
You grow
Surrounded by love,
Never doubting you are wanted;
Only look at the pride and joy
In your mother and father's eyes.
And if sometimes
Between the smiles
There's a trace of tears,
One day
You'll understand.
You'll understand
There was once a different child
Who was in their hopes and dreams.
That child will never outgrow the baby clothes
That child will never keep them up at night
In fact, that child will never be of any trouble at all
Except sometimes, in a silent moment,
When mother and father miss so much
That different child.
May hope and love wrap you warmly
And may you learn the lesson forever
How infinitely precious
How infinitely fragile
Is this life on Earth.
One day, as a young man or woman
You may see another mother's tears
Another father's silent grief
Then you, and you alone
Will understand
And offer the greatest comfort.
When all hope seems lost,
You will tell them
With great compassion,
"I know how you feel.I am only here because my mother tried again."
Author Unknown

9 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

This had me tearing up...I had no idea about your first son. This was so poignant and poem was so touching, Nancy. (((HUGS)))



P.S...If you get a chance, come over and enter my birthday drawing. :)

11:58 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

What a precious thought Nancy. God has a way of making all things work together for good. I am so sorry about your son, but so delighted about your beautiful daughter.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Tammy~ Thanks for your kind comments. Joe would be almost 28 years old now and it seems, in some ways, like yesterday.

I entered your fun birthday contest. Thanks for letting me know.

Linda~ Ben and Katherine have been such a blessing to me and my life would not have been complete without them. I tried again after Joe died and I am thankful that God gave me the courage to do so.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

That was beautiful.

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))

2:27 PM  
Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Very nice!! Sandy

4:02 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Chris and Sandy~ thanks for stopping by with your kind comments. The blogging world is a great source for friendship, blessings, and comfort. I appreciate you both.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Leslie: said...

Oh Nancy! What a beautiful tribute to your Joe as well as to Katherine and Ben! BLESSINGS to you!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I guess I didn't realize you had lost a child. That has to be the hardest thing in the world. But what lovely children you have!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Leslie and Dawn~ I'm so glad you stopped by. The death of a child has to be the deepest valley that I have ever been in, but as you are aware... many life lessons were learned as crawled out of that valley.

11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home