daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Elmo's Jealous

It is usually just me, Elmo, and Joe around the house, so during Christmas... Elmo seemed jealous! She didn't like others getting my attention and she didn't like others taking up her space. In the picture, you can see that she jumped right up on the couch and made room for herself- between Ben and Katherine. She would even take her nose and nudge them over. If they were in the car with us, she would chase the car and try to follow us to our destination. We had to stop, scold her, and send her home. This really amazed me, as I watched this slowly evolve during Christmas week. Was she really jealous... or was she trying to develop a loving relationship with everyone else that was visiting? Either way- it was interesting to observe her. She is my best friend and has been a blessing to me for 7 years now. Each day with her is one to be treasured and I am a better person because she is in my life. Today, Elmo is one happy dog! She has me and the whole house, all to herself. Now, that is a grand way to start the NEW YEAR... life is good!

12 Comments:

Blogger someone else said...

Cute dog and cute name for the dog. Happy New Year to you!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Cris said...

Awwww, poor Elmo. Bet she's glad that life is back to "normal". LOL

1:30 PM  
Blogger Leslie: said...

That IS funny - I clicked on the photo to see it better and she looks like she's saying something like, "Hey! ME! ME! Look at me!" So cute. By the way, why the name "Elmo" for a girl?

1:32 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

MG~ Thanks for stopping by. I have a sewing chest (that's what my husband's family called it) like the one you got for Christmas. I just love it because it has so much character. The two side "thingy's" were suppose to be for yarn or knitting projects. I use this cute little chest to store all of my stationary and writing supplies. Just love it!

Chris~ Don't feel too sorry for poor Elmo. She lives the good life and doesn't realize she is a dog. LOL

Leslie~ Elmo was originaly called Elfie because she was a Christmas dog,then I started calling her Elmo and it stuck. When I taught Kindergarten, I had an Elmo Sesame Street computer program and Elmo (the character) would just dance around on the screen and try to get the kids to click on him. Elmo the dog reminded me of that character, as she would dance around for a treat. By then she was already "fixed" so I thought... why not just let her have a boy name. GO FIGURE! She was acting like Oscar the Grouch over Christmas. LOL

2:16 PM  
Blogger Steve H said...

life is good indeed!!!

9:10 PM  
Blogger The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Dear Nancy,
I understand just how you feel about your dear Elmo-for my husband and I feel the same about our Buck!
Elmo is a cutie and a sweetie pie to be sure!
May you be specially blessed, Nancy, in this new year and may you find yourself ever closer to our precious Lord.
Love ya-Claudia O.

11:30 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

That is hilarious! She sounds like a fun dog with lots of personality. And spoiled!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

HW~ I am fortunate that life is good. But then again, life is what we make it!

Claudia~ Thanks for the new year wishes. We should get Buck and Elmo together some time. hehe

Dawn~ Spoiled is the perfect description.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I sure wish Kristen could talk to your niece - she's headed for the OR on Monday - you can catch up at either of our sites. Thanks for your care and prayers!

11:37 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Ahh...Elmo is probably very smart and sensitive. I had a poodle like him growing up named Smokey.

Our big one year old lab chow, however...she's smart but she's obstinate and wild at times- especially on these rainy days when she doesn't get all her exercise in! ;)

A very Happy New Year to all of you- Elmo, too! ;)

1:57 AM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Sounds like a wonderful family gathering. We were on the road quite a bit over our Christmas break. Are things back to normal for Elmo?

4:05 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Tammy you are right, Elmo is very smart- smarter and more sensitive than some people I know. hehe!

I did have wonderful family time during the Christmas season, Tom. They all traveled many miles to spend time with mom. I treasure those moments as much as you- precious and few!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home