daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Wedding Bell Blues II

Nightmare #2: Three days before the wedding, I was waiting for the red light to turn green and Katherine was checking our "list"! Our next stop was with the photographer, to make the final payment and finalize the group shots we wanted. We had at least 10 minutes to spare and we were only 1 minute away- no problem... until the man approaching from the rear, hit the gas instead of the brake, propelling us forward with "whiplash" and bringing the entire rear end of my car into the backseat! We did eventually make it to the photographer who was very understanding but we both suffered neck and shoulder injuries that muscle relaxers and physical therapy are helping even to this day. We didn't let this unexpected event or the pain dampen our spirits and we both feel blessed... because it could have been much worse. It has been three weeks now and the bruises are gone, physical therapy is helping, and I just got my car back TODAY (it looks brand new)! AND the wedding was perfect!

10 Comments:

Blogger Cris said...

Oh wow, so glad that everyone is OK. You're right it could have been much worse! Isn't it wonderful to know that even after all this, everything still turned out wonderfully? Sometimes I wonder if Satan himself has a hand in trying to steal the joy of those who try to prepare themselves for one of the happiest and most memorable days of their lives and that's why everyone seems to have wedding horror stories to share. It's good to know that you didn't give him the opportunity to do that. :)

2:20 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

My goodness. I'm so glad you were both okay. Those injuries can really take a long time to heal. Just makes life exciting (excitement we could well do without!).

3:42 PM  
Blogger someone else said...

That's definitely nightmare material. I'm so glad you both weren't hurt worse than you were!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

So glad that there were no more serious injuries. The timing was bad, but then who would ever say the timing was good for a car accident.
You have such beautiful wedding memories that you can file this bad one far away..
xo

1:50 PM  
Blogger Hilary said...

You poor thing. Thank goodness your attitude and heart are in the right place. Glad that you and your daughter are doing better.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I love how you find a blessing in anything that happens! I am so thankful you weren't badly hurt. That would have really made for a wedding disaster!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Nancy, omigod...! I hope everyone is okay now.

On my wedding the priest, Father Belanger, got into a car accident, and all my wedding photos show him with a huge bruise on the side of his face, in bright purple and chartreuse. :-)

9:26 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Oh, My!
All this happened in those weeks we were leaving comments on that one post? I'm so glad to hear it wasn't worse.
I haven't written about it, but Julie somehow got a neck injury the week before the wedding and PT has not been helping it. We finally did an MRI and found that she has ruptured disc. It's been miserable.

My nephew is dating a nice girl who works at a country club. Last month at a wedding there, the caterer was reloading the "chocolate fountain," pouring about a gallon of melted chocolate into the fountain. The bride came up to her and somehow bumped the lady pouring the chocolate and half the pot poured down the front of the bride's dress. Our friend saw it and thought "tell me this isn't happening..."
To everyone's surprise, the bride went into the ladies' room, cleaned up as best as she could, came out with a stain on her dress, and acted "cool, calm, and collected" the about it the rest of the evening. I'll bet the matter was "settled" behind the scenes, but the disaster was handled well by the bride.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Always think about what "could have been" and you did!! My!! I know you are so happy that everything is okay now and your child is all married!! Life can now go on!! Blessings, Sandy

7:06 AM  
Blogger gail@more than a song said...

I'm so glad y'all were ok! It's tough to have these kinds of things going on during wedding preparations (saw the other one about the dress too, whew!)
All the pictures have been great.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home