daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Making Memories

God was smiling down on us yesterday and everything was perfect! I thank you for the "best wishes" in my comment section... it brought tears to my eyes to realize that you were excited and anxious to hear all about our big wedding day. Our daughter was just gorgeous, the weather was perfect, over 400 people shared this special day with us, the food was fantastic, the band was terrific and our son Ben ( he graduates from seminary in Dec.) performed his first wedding ceremony ever for his sister (along with my niece who is an ordained Methodist minister). It just doesn't get better than this! Pictures and details will follow as time allows.

6 Comments:

Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

So glad. I didn't know your son was in seminary. I take it he's the long, long hiker with the walking stick. It sounds like it was great!

Unwind. Enjoy. Write whatever helps crystallize the weekend. It takes a while to feel "normal" after long-awaited, big events like this. My wife and I share in your happiness!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, how wonderful that your son helped perform the ceremony!
I'm so glad it was such a beautiful wedding and looking forward to those pictures!

10:43 PM  
Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Oh, Nancy that sounds just great!! Your son performing the wedding for his sister!! Oh that had to make a mother cry for sure!! WOW!! It makes me cry just thinking about it!! I know that you are glad this is all behind you..Now you can breathe a big sigh of relief. Pictures soon we hope. Sandy

9:29 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

It sounds like it all went as planned Nancy. I think it's so special that her brother performed the ceremony. I'm so glad it was so special.

8:06 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

That is really wonderful to hear Nancy. I am so glad to hear that everything turned out perfectly. What a truly special blessing it is to have your entire family involved to make your day even more special. Congratulations to your daughter and your new son-in-law. :)

9:13 AM  
Blogger Mrs. Geezerette said...

Having your son perform the ceremony for his sister brought the event to a state of perfection. It must have been more joy than your heart could handle.

We are all looking forward to the photos. Good to have you back blogging.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home