daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Enjoying the moment

If you had asked me immediately after the wedding festivities, I would have told you that I didn't sit down at all during the reception. But as you can see, I did sit down and had a few minutes to spend with my husband Joe, just enjoying the moment. It seemed like the entire evening was spent working the floor... talking to our guest, making sure they knew how much we appreciated the fact that they cared enough to attend our daughter's wedding. I did dance a few dances, eat some of the delicious food, and as you see... had a few minutes to sit down and enjoy the moment. Taking time to enjoy the moment is a BLESSING indeed and having pictures to relive the moment makes it even more special. To my surprise many of the readers were glad to have a picture of me to put a "face" to my writing. I was pleasantly surprised to realize that indeed it does make my words seem more personal, if you can put a face to what you read. If you click on the picture, you can get up close and personal and at the same time see what a handsome husband I have. Thank you all for your kind words, encouragement, and loyalty... you are a daily blessing to me!

9 Comments:

Blogger Susie said...

I think being the mother of the bride is the ultimate hostess job, and I'm sure you feel quite exhausted by the time the day was over!!
Your picture is lovely, and you do indeed have a handsome hubby. I can also see a glimpse of stargazer lilys. Bet they smelled just heavenly :)
hugs!!

6:09 PM  
Blogger linda t said...

Oh my gosh, I have been thinking of you and wanting to go to your blog and "see" the wedding!
I am sooo grateful the wedding was perfect and beautiful and memorable!
You and your husband are a lovely couple!!
And your daughter was such a gorgeous bride Nancy!
Congrats to you all!

10:06 PM  
Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Yes, thanks for the picture of you and your hubby!! I love seeing you!! It does help. You do not look like the mother of the bride though. You look so young!! Sandy

9:16 AM  
Blogger Tammy said...

What a wonderful photo of the two of you to remember of this special day!

You make a lovely couple...(and you truly look young enough to be mistaken for the bride!) :)

9:36 AM  
Blogger gail@more than a song said...

Love the picture in this post and your previous one, both are so good! And you don't look old enough to be the bride's mother!
It looks like y'all had a wonderful time at the wedding.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Leslie: said...

I'm so happy for you all that the wedding was everything you prayed for. And you look like the bride's sister rather than her mother! Seriously!!! Glad you enjoyed strolling around my little "backyard." Come on over anytime. :D

10:49 AM  
Blogger Cris said...

That is a really nice picture of the two of you and yes, it is also nice to put a face with the name. :)

2:22 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

What a perfect picture. You look just lovely and your husband very handsome. Isn't it fun to be able to just sit comfortably after it is all over and look at all the great pictures? I love pictures!!

9:34 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

It is fun to relive the moments like this isn't it. I do wish I had a picture of Julie and I sitting at the table. It seems like there was only a moment when it could have been taken. She was all over as you were. Joe seems like the kind of guy "you know" right away. Great picture of you two.

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home