daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Little Details

Many details from Katherine's wedding day were well thought out (she is a detail person) with sentimental value and that was the case with her wedding bouquet. She wanted the "something old" to be something from my wedding day- WAY back in 1975! My wedding dress was not the "style" that she wanted for her wedding dress (I did understand but it sure was a bargain even back then... $75.00!) but we were able to have some of the lace removed from my dress, so the florist could use the lace to wrap around her bridal bouquet. (If you click on the photo, you can see the lace a little better.) It was the little details like this that made her wedding day so memorable and a BLESSING indeed! I hope to share more of the little details in the days ahead so... stop back by!

12 Comments:

Blogger ChristyR said...

what a nice way to use mom's wedding dress! I'll have to remember this for mine!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

What a sweet way to incorporate your wedding dress...I love this!

12:59 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Omigosh, that's beautiful...!

And what a gorgeous young couple.

1:02 AM  
Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Great idea!! I borrowed my dress so I will never see it again. I did not have money for one so borrowing it was my best option!! My oldest daughter borrowed hers too. My youngest daughter wanted a completely different out of the ordinary wedding so even if I had had a dress she would not have worn it!! What a fun time you had..Blessings, Sandy

7:48 AM  
Blogger gail@more than a song said...

What a great idea! Because my girls would never wear my dress, it doesn't look so good anymore!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Cris said...

Awww, now that is very sweet. And a very neat idea. :)

11:35 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

That is really a sweet idea. It is those little details that make things memorable and special. Just lovely.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

What a great and creative idea! And the bouquet was lovely.

To answer your question - I've seen deer, mountain sheep, and elk, but never moose and never a bear. It was a wonderful day. Come on up for a visit and we'll take you out too!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

I am sorry to be doing this, but I've had to create yet another one. Sorry...this is last one I should have to do. :(

6:40 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

What a clever idea and beautiful calla lilies.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Maggie Ann said...

What a beautiful touch of love!

9:39 AM  
Blogger linda t said...

Oh, I love that idea!!! I am going to have to mention that to my daughter when she gets married someday. What a lovely way to include something old... that was included in her Mom's wedding! LOVE IT!

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home