daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Detail #2

Katherine had the opportunity to be a flower girl several times when she was preschool age and this is the basket that she carried each time. I would just change the ribbon to match the colors of the next wedding. It seemed only natural to pull this basket out for Katherine's wedding. I just added a little white spray paint, a new ribbon and the precious little flower girl was good to go. Little details like this made the wedding such a BLESSING and each sentimental item continues to spark the memories of weddings past. Reflections of these wedding memories still bring me pleasure weeks, months, and years after the event.

9 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

That is so great that she has the basket and it was used in her wedding! Kristen was in two weddings when she was really little. Care Bear is now wearing the dress from one of them - I'll be posting on that soon.

Thanks for your kind words on my Woman to Woman post.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Dawn- I look forward to the Care Bear pictures and a Kristen update. Thanks for stopping by.

7:28 PM  
Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I think this was a very neat idea!! Sandy

8:46 PM  
Blogger The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Such a lovely way to add a very special, and endearing touch to your daughters wedding. It's been a pleasure to read about your wedding blessings, which are now becoming your treasured memories!
Blessings to you! Claudia O.

7:27 AM  
Blogger Cris said...

That really was a wonderful idea. I would have never thought about saving the flower girl baskets that Jordan and Lexi has had to save it for their wedding. It's too late for Lexi, but I wonder if I still have Jordan's. Hmmmm.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Sandy & Claudia- thanks for stopping by and yes, I am still enjoying the blessings.
Chris- good luck. I do tend to save too much "stuff", but at times it does pay off!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I love it that you encorporated so many things with special memories attached. It really gives it such a special meaning. Just beautiful.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Those are going to be some special memories for her to look back on, and even more so that it was part of her wedding, as well. That's something to cherish.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Linda & Josie- Cherished memories and abundant blessings... it just doesn't get better than this. Have a great weekend!

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home