daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Proverbs

I have been studying the book of Proverbs this week for my Tuesday morning Bible Study. This is a 32 week Bible Study called Disciple Bible IV and it has been such a BLESSING to me. The talented leaders, the participants, and the time spent during the week preparing for class have all enriched my life. A verse from Proverbs stood out this week that I wanted to share... "Blessed is he who is kind to the needy..." Proverbs 14:21. With Thanksgiving approaching, it is a perfect time to be thankful for what we have and to share with the needy. If you do not have extra material things or money to share, perhaps you could volunteer your time at a soup kitchen or women's shelter. You will be BLESSED indeed!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Nancy, thanks for visiting my site, it is great to hear from sister christians. It certainly is a great idea to count your blessings daily,it reminds me of our sermon Sunday Of "What would you sacrifice?" I need to be ever mindful of the small blessing that the Lord has given me. Thanks

7:01 AM  
Blogger linda t said...

Thanks for sharing from Proverbs.
This is truly the season for meeting the needs of all thoses around us. We are all the more aware of all that we have been blessed with... AND the blessing of not only the giving of our riches but of ourselves.
I desire a more simple life where I can be more aware of those opportunities to give my life away...

11:16 AM  
Blogger ChristyR said...

Well said Nancy!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Nancy, wow, that is a long Bible study. lol What a wonderful idea and reminder. I have been meaning to contact share to help box items for the needy families they give to for Thanksgiving! Have a wonderful evening! :) We receive so much by giving!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I have been reading Proverbs every day this year (well, most every day), to coincide with the day of the month. I especially love it in the Message - so very practical!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Hi Nancy! Thanks for your comment on my blog. That's neat that your kids enjoyed their Little Tykes kitchen when they were little. :)

Glad you're back in Blogland. I love your message today.

11:14 PM  
Blogger the not so "new" mom on the blog said...

Hi, thank you for sharing with us what you have been reading! I count my blessing on a daily basis - that is for sure!

11:45 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

Hey Nancy, thanks for stopping by. I noticed you said that you are a collector of quotes. So I have a site you might like. Jesussite.com has a lot of good christian quotes (among other things) that you might like. Here is the link if you are interested...

http://www.jesussite.com/quotes/index.htm

3:31 AM  
Blogger The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Yes, the book of Proverbs is such a blessing! Pointing us towards godly living through wisdom and instruction, helping us to be discerning Christians! Thanks for sharing and the challenge to be merciful and giving.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Susie said...

Thanksgiving is indeed a special time to stop and count our blessings and share with the less fortunate.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home