daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

I get to fly to St. Louis to visit with my younger sister (by 12 years) on Wednesday and that indeed is a BLESSING! We were together in July for our family vacation at Holden Beach in North Carolina and this fall visit will be so special because I have never been to St. Louis. She moved with her husband and 2 daughters in April from Canton, Michigan. My older sister(by 2 years) from Cullowhee, North Carolina will meet me at the airport and we will fly together to see our baby sister. Both sisters are two of my biggest BLESSINGS in life and they are also my dearest friends. I often envy those that have their sisters close by and can visit almost daily but when it comes to times like this... I realize how special it is to have a far away sister. What a blessing! The excitement is now building and I can't wait! I will blog all about it when I get back.

9 Comments:

Blogger ChristyR said...

Have a great trip! My brother is four years younger and he is one of my best friends. Love him. Have you ever been to Duck NC? My cousin is getting married there next summer.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Andrew McAllister said...

I love the anticipation of trips as well. I'm off to San Diego in a couple of weeks to see one of my best friends, and my excitement is building as well.

Sounds like your far away sisters are also friends with whom you re-connect instantly when you see them. That is indeed a blessing. That happened to be the topic of my Ask the Readers question last week.

Thanks for dropping by my site and for leaving such a complimentary comment. I truly appreciate it!

All the best,
Andrew

4:37 AM  
Blogger rena said...

Enjoy the trip..and the time with your sis.
Thank you for your kind words on my "Thanksgiving" post yesterday. Getting to spend that one last dinner with my mother in law was a true gift!

9:24 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Hi Nancy,
Thanks for visiting me. Just from a quick visit here, I can see that you also look for the blessings in every day things. I look forward to us becoming good blogging friends!
:-)

9:25 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I am one of the blessed ones whose sister lives 4 miles across town and attends the same church. But we don't get together nearly often enough!

10:32 PM  
Blogger eph2810 said...

I wish I could see my younger sister soon. The last time was 2 years ago. But flying to Germany always such an adventure...
Thank you for stopping by LWG yesterday. I had a hard time to find you blog, because you left the wrong URL - but I did find you - lol...

9:06 PM  
Blogger K :) said...

Awwww...sisters! Have a wonderful time with yours. I have two terrific sisters and I miss them both. Wish I was closer to them (geographically). Have fun.

12:43 AM  
Blogger linda t said...

Sisters are the best!
I miss mine... one is in WI... I just posted about the farm we all grew up loving.
And my other sister is in Okla. City.. I will see her at Thanksgiving! I am soooo excited!

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY SPECIAL SISTER. WE INDEED HAD FUN AND NON STOP CHATTER. GOD GIVES US SISTERS GOD GIVES US FRIENDS AND IT IS ESPECIALLY NICE WHEN THE SISTERS ARE FRIENDS TOO. LOVE YOU KATHY

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home