daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Big Toys

The bigger the kid... the bigger the toys! This is handsome hubby on one of his toys... and he has lots of these big toys, with different names (names I don't even know), all designed for a different task. He's the happiest man, in on the land, when he is playing on his big toys. Don't even think this is work and feel sorry for him! :) He's preparing this road (mud) for pavement, in a new housing development (gorgeous property), which is one of his business investments... but he is loving every minute on this big toy. How do you separate business from pleasure when you are passionate about your work? Loving what you do, and doing what you love is a BLESSING indeed and the man with the most BIG toys when you die- is the WINNER! It looks like we may have a winner here.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

I so know what you mean...something about men and these big machines that makes work into play for them!

And thank you for your sweet comment, Nancy! :)

8:27 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Tammy~ Machines and power tools... so funny but I love him- and you have your own love story which I enjoyed today! May it continue for both of us.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

It is so true that if you are passionate about your work, it isn't a burden. That's the way I was with my position for the first 10 years. It was sad that the last 5 were not as wonderful. But I love my new job!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

It really is a blessing to love the work you do. Good for him!
Have a blessed weekend Nancy.

12:41 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

Boys and their toys, LOL.

Not too many people can say that they do something they love for a living. It really is a blessing. :)

4:11 PM  
Blogger {Hilary} said...

Men do love "big toys". I was hoping he would grow out of it...but I have a feeling that this will not happen.
I guess we just love out men, toys and all.

2:11 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Dawn~ I was passionate about teaching but my body just "wore out"! Yes, I am passionate about retirement too, which is a blessing because some people aren't.

Linda~ He is blessed indeed and a blessing to me.

Cris~ Wouldn't it be wonderful world if we ALL loved our work... I bet heaven will be like that!

Hilary~ Yes, if you marry "Mr. Right", you love him in spite of his Big Toys and for some reason the older they get the bigger the toys! hehe

5:18 PM  
Blogger Coe said...

Nancy, I am a Gifted Talented teacher who teaches above level reading and writing. So you were right! I have a friend who is teaching kindergarten after 10 years as a literacy teacher. She is alittle overwhelmed. Have a good day, Coe

6:19 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Hi Nancy,
Guys just love those toys don't they?
Your line "Loving what you do, and doing what you love is a BLESSING indeed" is certainly true!
xo

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home