daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Kentucky Kids

I visited my "Kentucky Kids" this weekend (a 5 hour drive) and had the opportunity to go to Churchill Downs for the first time. It was a very cold, windy day but I loved observing the excitement during each race. I can only imagine the enthusiasm during the Kentucky Derby! My "Kentucky Kids" are my son Ben and his beautiful new bride of 6 months, Jenny (I will post a picture soon). They are such a BLESSING to me and my husband. I burst with pride when I admire their calling in life... they are both in seminary at Wimore, Kentucky with plans for Ben to be a Methodist Pastor upon completion of his Masters of Divinity and Jenny already has her masters in missions and evangelism. What a precious pair they are and so much in love... it is just refreshing to see their enthusiasm, devotion, and zest for life as they prepare to answer God's call for their lives! Just being in their presence and sharing time with them is a BLESSING... and I am so honored to be their MOM.

7 Comments:

Blogger ChristyR said...

Glad you had a great time. It's always so nice reading your posts for it gives me a greater appreciation for things! TY!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Great when your childen grow up and do such wonderful things!! Makes you so proud especially when they do great things for God. Sandy

10:11 PM  
Blogger someone else said...

Blessings indeed. I'm glad you had such a lovely time.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

That's so neat!

I have a friend who helps train horses at a stable near there. She's teeny, but too big to be a jockey (which was her original goal) but she just loves being with the horses so there she is!

3:40 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

It's great getting to spend some time with family. Especially when they live in another state and it's not often that you get to see them. I am glad to see that you had a great time visiting. :)

8:51 AM  
Blogger linda t said...

You are a blessed Mom!
Nothing blesses me more than to know my children are following Christ... trusting Him... seeking His will.
How wonderful that you could visit them!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I hope to get to Kentucky someday. Sounds like a beautiful place.

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home