daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

I'M RICH!

Amazingly, it does not take money to make me feel rich. I'm extremely content with the material things that I have in my life, I have a loving, hard working, (handsome too but that is another post) husband to share my life with, I have two precious children that are grown and daily make me proud, I have two sisters for best friends that are full of life and love, I attend a spirtually nourishing church with a loving church family, I have many long time friends that would drop everything if I needed them, I have the best dog (mutt) in the world that loves me unconditionally, and I am at a mature enough point in my life where I do not envy the neighbors new car or have to have the famous name brand clothes to prove my worth in life. There is a very interesting website that adjusts my attitude about how rich I really am http://www.globalrichlist.com. (I am not advocating the Care organization or its charities from this website... I don't even know anything about them, but I felt like the statistics here were worth sharing.) According to this, I am richer than 82% of the worlds population and I am the 49,322,169th richest person on earth. WOW! That really puts things into perspective indeed. This information humbles me and makes me realize how fortunate I am to live in the USA. It also reminds me to be even more thankful during this season of Thanksgiving (and all year long) and to remember those that are less fortunate (which evidently there are a lot more than I realized). Being rich is not important to me, having material things is not important either, but it is a BLESSING to know that God has been very generous to me and it is now my responsibility to be generous to others.

18 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Nancy, you are a blessing to us all... what a generous heart! SH

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very interesting... and what a great attitude toward life. Thank you for blessing all of us. MBF

4:36 PM  
Blogger ChristyR said...

I repeated something to my daughter that you blogged..PMA...love it. Your right!

For me, not having my parents anymore really put life into perspective. some things just don't matter. TY Nancy!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Well said!!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Yes, we all are richer than we really know. I so agree with you. I have way too much...more than I should have and to some people I would be considered in the lower end of the economy I am sure. WHO CARES ANYWAY!! I am happy and that is all that matters anyway...Sandy
Thanks for stopping by today!!

5:03 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

It's such a treat to find someone who counts their blessings every day. I think that's wonderful. I love reading your blog. You're richer than you think....

Cheers,
Josie

7:24 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Very nicely said, we are so rich in the things that really matter. It is such a blessing to be able to give back. We never know how our actions touch one another. :)

12:20 AM  
Blogger JR's Thumbprints said...

I'll have to check out that website. I'm hoping I'm in the 99th percentile ranking for richness (just kidding). I don't drive a new vehicle, I live in a 70's style brick ranch, and I don't even have cable television like the inmates in my charges. Still, I am happy.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Trinity13 said...

We are actually talking about this in church...how we forget to be grateful for all the things we have.

10:22 AM  
Blogger CJ said...

What a wonderful attitude! You truly are blessed!

11:16 AM  
Blogger The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Very, very, well said! God is so good and merciful to us. By God's grace, when I'm tempted to feel sorry for myself about ANYTHING, I try to remember to put things in the RIGHT perspective. And when things are tough, to remember that Our great and Sovereign God has a purpose. Thank you again, Nancy!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

Very well put, Nancy. :)

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right - everything has to be seen in perspective. I just said yesterday - a bigger house means more cleaning, a fancier car means higher payments - I am content too. Thank you for sharing your precious thoughts.

11:46 PM  
Blogger Wystful1 said...

Nancy -- wonderful post! (I see that you were at Churchill Downs?!!! Color me green with envy and jealousy. hehehehe That has always been a dream of mine to be there during the Kentucky Derby)

Happy day to you.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey mom! nice perspective, but you actually misread the percentage. You are actually in the top 1%(.082) of the richest people in the world... meaning you are richer than 99.18% of the world's population. Hard to believe, huh?

10:25 PM  
Blogger Susie said...

Great wisdom in this post Nancy...
:)

12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for stopping into Laced With Grace. My post was very similar to yours and I feel exactly how you do.

I love it that you wrote "you are mature enough not to want the neighbors car." This is wisdom. Love it!! I'll be back again. Lynn

7:11 PM  
Blogger linda t said...

Amen!
I couldn't agree with you more!
We are sooo blessed!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home