daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

From My Heart

This is my son Ben after one of his Christmas Eve services.  He is currently the associate pastor at a United Methodist Church.  He has been at this appointment (his first),  for about 6 months and has the opportunity to do the sermon for the two Sunday worship services, approximately once a month.  Hubby and I travel (less than 3 hours) to hear him preach as often as we can.  I wanted to share with you this letter that I wrote to him, after hearing one of those sermons.  

 Ben,
     An awesome day...an exceptional, Holy Spirit inspired sermon...a gifted, young, happily married pastor, and a mother that feels so unworthy of such rich BLESSINGS  from God;  words do not exist to adequately describe this mother's heart tonight!  Selfishly at times, I want to take some of the credit for your success.  I must continually remind myself....... I'm only the hands, used by the Potter, to help mold the clay, according to His plan.  All of the glory goes to God.  I'm just delighted that He chose me to be a part of it all and that your faith allowed God's will to be done in your life.  It just doesn't get better than this...at least not on this side of heaven!
All my love, 
Mom

13 Comments:

Blogger Dawn said...

What a great letter to a worthy son! I am so happy for you that your kids are doing so great.

It is good to be back to a bit of normalcy around here!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks Dawn, for your kind words... you are such an encourager for me.

Yes, it is great to have a bit of normalcy here too...isn't retirement great!

11:10 AM  
Blogger nannykim said...

It is amazing what joy our kids bring to us when they delight in the Lord---I LOVE IT!!!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Kim~ Joy is a great expression for the emotion I feel when I hear Ben preach or watch Katherine in her kindergarten classroom. Thanks for stopping by.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Tammy said...

I can just imagine how your heart swells over your son and how he is being used by God!
Beautiful letter...
Hugs!
~Tammy

9:55 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks Tammy! Blessings to you my friend for your sincere words.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

Nancy, it is true there is no greater joy than to know our children love and serve the Lord. He will treasure that wise, loving letter always.

10:59 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Thanks for stopping by Linda. I know things have been pretty hectic for you lately and I'm keeping your dad in my prayers. I appreciate your kind words and your inspirational blog with words of "hope"!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Nancy, being a mother myself I can really relate to your letter to your son. It just makes our heart get so large when we see our children do something that we are so pleased about. How wonderful for you and for your son..God is good!!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Family Man said...

What a great thing. I know that that letter must have meant so much to him.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

Sandy, I agree, God is good, all the time!

Ian, I hope the letter touched his heart, as much as he has touched my heart!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Cris said...

That is awesome! you have a lot to be proud of and I'm sure that he was extremely touched by your beautiful letter. :)

11:42 AM  
Blogger gail@more than a song said...

Aww, sweet! It does our mamas hearts good to see our kids all grown up and doing well, living for the Lord!
I know you're proud of him and happy for him.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home