daily blessings

A blog created to show how much I am blessed each day.

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Porch Swings

The weather today was perfect for swinging in my porch swing and reading my latest book. That is a triple blessing, the weather, the porch swing, and a great book! The swing was a birthday gift from my wonderful husband, for my 54th birthday in July... and today was the perfect day for enjoying the warm sunshine, swinging, and reading. The book is great and I can not wait to get to the next chapter. It is Robin McGraw's (Dr. Phil's wife) new book, Inside My Heart. She is an awesome lady with some very insightful information. It's time to grill Halibut for supper... I hope your day has at least one great BLESSING in it!

7 Comments:

Blogger Monica's Daughter, Kelly said...

Hello Nancy,
I just wanted to thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. Life is hard, but I continue to lean on Him and He does give me the strength and comfort to continue forward. And I continue to praise Him, because He is an AWESOME GOD....
I like the idea you have for your blog. Life is full of 'daily blessings'... God Moments I call them. And we NEED to give Him all the glory.
I haven't blogged in quite awhile, I am really struggling now. And it seems to be getting harder instead of easier.
Take care. And May the Lord Bless you today and always... In Christ's Amazing Love, Kelly
Monica Felver's Daughter
(http://monicafelver.blogspot.com/

3:47 PM  
Blogger Amy T Schubert said...

I wish I had a porch swing ... I wish I had a porch at all ... I hate living in an apartment ...

4:45 PM  
Blogger ChristyR said...

sounds so nice Nancy!

9:04 PM  
Blogger NanAZ said...

We were just at Home Depot last night and happened to try out a "free-standing" porch swing (in one of those frames with an awning on top). My husband and I sat on it and I hinted STRONGLY at how much I would love to have a porch swing.

They're so relaxing... I'm sure your Carolina weather makes it just perfect this time of year!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

Porch swings are a great Southern thing...just MADE for hanging around. Halibut....mmmmmmm! Sounds like a wonderful day all in all.

(btw, we moved to TN from the SC/NC State line 3+ years ago....you can take the girl out of Carolina, but you can't take Carolina outta the girl :/.

7:37 PM  
Blogger someone else said...

I have a porch swing too and I spend huge amounts of time on it watching the hummingbirds and reading. Our weather has turned cold, so I won't be able to use it for a while now.

10:05 PM  
Blogger .Tom Kapanka said...

Heres to front porches!

http://patternsofink.blogspot.com/2006/06/front-porch-frame-of-mind.html

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home