2. My dog Elmo, a Labradoodle pound puppy, is a best friend and she's a certified "Therapy Dog".
3. I love-love-love, my flip-flops and wear them year round.
4. My handsome husband, Joe, is the love of my life AND my best friend for 33 years.
5. The most romantic moments with hubby; watching sunsets/sunrises, eating at sidewalk cafes, snuggling around the fire pit, ocean strolls, picnics,dancing at Katherine's wedding, four wheeling, hikes,and when he takes my hand in his and lightly kisses it. It just doesn't get better than that!
6. Our first son, Joe III, died from Hypo-plastic Left Heart Syndrome, 28 years ago and not a day goes by without me remember how precious he was.
7. I'm the worst speeller (oops...speller) that YOU know! Thank you God for spell check.
8. I love reality TV-Bachelor,Biggest Looser, etc.... GO FIGURE!
9. Just one wish? BETTER health.... osteoporosis, arthritis, asthma, allergies, UTI/Kidney infections, sinus infection....got the idea? Hey, remember, I'm an old lady!
10. Daily, I try to improve my relationship with God through prayer and Bible study.
11. Max Lucado is my favorite author and I spend a lot of time reading, mostly nonfiction.
12. Being a Mom to Ben (age 27) and Katherine (age 26) has been my most REWARDING job. They have brought me so much love, joy and happiness, blessing me richly...beyond measure!
13. Favorite indulgence, chocolate-nuts-carmel or Breyers Carmel Crunch ice cream with nuts and carmel on top or in a waffle cone.
14. God has blessed me with an abundance of friends, many for a lifetime but others have entered somewhere along my life's journey; church friends, relatives (even in-laws), teaching friends, face book friends, blogging buddies, students, parents of students, and YOU, for which I'm thankful.
15. My hair is still its natural color, dark brown, even though I'm 56 years old and it continues to get darker every year. I have a few gray sprouts...who cares? Not ME!
16. I'm about as low maintenance as you can get, I can get ready in 5 minutes flat.
17. My two sisters are, and always have been...such dear friends. They add so much laughter, enthusiasm, and unconditional love to my life. I miss you Cheryl and Kathy, could you move to Rutherfordton?
18. In college, I was on a variety of intramural championship teams; volleyball and tennis to name a few.
19. I miss my Dad more than words can express. He has been in heaven for 10 years now and I often thank God for the many things he taught me about life.
20. Gardening is a favorite of mine and I inherited my "Green Thumb" from my dad. When I taught Kindergarten, I tried to pass that trait along to my precious students, by planting a garden each year.
21. The students that I taught over my 32 years of teaching...some diamonds, and some diamonds in the rough... blessed me immensely! The blessings continue as we cross paths today and I will always have a special place in my heart for each DIAMOND!
22. Hold the mayo...YUCK-Its just too thick and mushy!
23. The achievement in life that I'm most proud of is the TLC preschool program that I started at my church. It's still touching the lives of children in a positive way, 24 years later.
24. I weighed 102 pounds the day I married Joe. Those days are gone forever...see #13.
25. My most heartwarming moment...moments...Hearing Ben preach and watching Katherine in the classroom, knowing they are sharing God's unconditional love with others, daily. PRICELESS!